Wednesday, March 01, 2006

An Apple for the Day

Fiona Apple that is....

My own day was hectic and rushed and very un-Ash-Wednesday-like , but I did find this good piece, Anxiety in Search of Love, by Dennis Haack, whom I trust, which recommends Fiona's new CD. Incidentally, the review turns out to be a great little post for the start of the Lenten season as we are all urged to slow down and reflect on our own sorry brokenness and overwhelming need for redemption.
***
SIDE NOTE: I have to admit that at first I almost skipped over this piece because I had convinced myself Fiona burned a cross at a concert I attended in high school (YIKES, eh?) , but then-- just a few minutes ago--I realized that wasn't Fiona Apple at all!!!! It was Alanis Morissette?!?! Phew. Turns out I do like Fiona Apple after all and it's just Alanis who I can't stand. So glad my fuzzy memory cleared that up for itself.

The saddest part is that high school wasn't even THAT long ago... ugh.

No comments: